Why Doesn’t My PS4 Turn On
Is your PlayStation just sitting there like a brick? Here’s how to fix the dreaded question of why doesn’t my PS4 turn on?
PS4 is great, except when it doesn’t work. If you’re wondering, “why doesn’t my PS4 turn on?” follow these steps for a solution. Before trying these steps, ensure that the correct HDMI port is selected on your TV.
Check the back of the TV and follow the cord from your PS4 to your TV to see what the HDMI port is labeled as. Switch your monitor or TV to the same input.
Why Doesn’t My PS4 Turn On
To fix a PS4 that’s not turning on:
- Hold the power button on the console for 7 seconds until you hear 2 beeps.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Unplug your power cable and HDMI cord.
- Wait 1 minute.
- Firmly plug in the power and HDMI cord.
- Unplug the HDMI cord in the back of your TV or monitor.
- Plug the HDMI cord back in.
- Try to turn on your PlayStation; if it doesn’t work, keep following the steps.
- Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller to turn on your PS4. Continue reading if this doesn’t work.
- Insert a disc a quarter of the way into the disc drive and see if your PlayStation turns on.
- If this doesn’t work, try plugging your PlayStation directly into the wall.
- Lastly, you can try spraying your PS4 with condensed or canned air. Clear out all the vents and ports of dust and hair.
And there you have it! If you’ve tried all the steps above and your PS4 still won’t turn on, there might be a problem with the console itself. Double-check your power source by plugging in a phone charger or other device to ensure the power is appropriately coming through.
Also, plug your TV or monitor into something else or play TV to ensure it isn’t your monitor that’s broken.
And there you have it! Hopefully, we helped you if you’re wondering, “why doesn’t my PS4 turn on?”
How do I force my PS4 to turn on?
There is a small button on the back of the PS4, right above the HDMI port. Pressing and holding down this button for a few seconds will force the PS4 to turn on or off.
How do I know if my PS4 is broken?
Here are some common symptoms that might indicate your PS4 is overheating: The PS4 is very hot to the touch. The fan is making a lot of noise. The PS4 is shutting down unexpectedly. The PS4 is not turning on. There is an error message on the screen that says “the system has been shut down due to a temperature problem.” If your PS4 is displaying any of these symptoms, it’s important to take action right away to prevent further damage.
What does the blue light of death mean?
The blue light of death (BLOD), is an error condition where the PS4’s blue power indicator light blinks and the system is unable to boot up. This is often caused by a faulty HDMI cable or software failure.
For more PlayStation guidance, see our PlayStation Section.