How to Unblock Someone on TikTok
Here’s how to view your blocked list and unblock someone on TIkTok.
You’re not alone if you’re wondering how to unblock someone on TikTok. There are many reasons why you might want to block someone on TikTok, but sometimes you change your mind. Whether you had a falling out with the person you blocked, or you simply want to see their content again, it’s easy to unblock someone on TikTok.
How to Unblock Someone on Tiktok
To unblock someone on TikTok, you’ll need to open the app on your phone and go to the Blocked accounts section of the Privacy settings. From there, tap on the Unblock button to the right of the TikTok user you want to unblock.
Method 1: Unblocking a TikTok Account Using the Mobile App
To unblock a TikTok account using the mobile app:
- Open TikTok on your mobile device.
- Tap on the Profile button at the bottom right.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right.
- Tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Go to Privacy.
- Scroll down and tap on Blocked accounts.
- Find the user you want to unblock and tap on the Unblock button.
The Blocked accounts list inside TikTok shows a full list of all the TikTok users you’ve ever blocked on your current account. If you change your mind and want to unblock someone, find the user and tap the Unblock button. The user will then be removed from your blocked list.
Method 2: Unblocking a TikTok Account from their Profile Page
Another way to unblock someone on TikTok is by visiting their profile page and tapping on Unblock. If you remember the username of someone you’ve blocked on TikTok, use the search bar to visit their profile page. Tap on the red Unblock button underneath their Follower count, and then confirm the selection by tapping on Unblock again on the pop-up.
Remember, unblocking someone will allow them to send you messages, view your posts, and follow you. They will not be notified that you unblocked them.
Can you Unblock a TikTok Account Using the Website?
Unfortunately, it is only possible to unblock a TikTok account by using the mobile app. The TikTok website has limited functionality and is missing many of the settings available on mobile.
How to Report a TikTok User
To report a TikTok user:
- Go to the TikTok user’s profile page on the app.
- Tap on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Tap on Report and go to Report account.
- Select a reason for reporting the user.
- Press the Submit button to submit your report.
You may report someone for the following reasons:
- Posting inappropriate content.
- Pretending to be someone else.
- Inappropriate profile information.
- User could be under 13 years old.
- Intellectual property infringement.