How to Unfollow Instagram Users Who Don’t Follow You Back
Have you followed WAY too many people without seeing your follower count rise? Here’s how to unfollow Instagram Users Who Don’t Follow You Back.
Building an Instagram following is hard. Unless you’re a movie star or famous influencer, it can be rough going at first. One tactic many people use includes following as many people as possible in the hopes you’ll be followed back. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case, and you might need to do a mass unfollow. Here’s how you can unfollow Instagram users who don’t follow you back, the manual (but smart) way.
Instagram actually has an “Account Action Threshold” that prevents bots from spamming certain actions, so 3rd party apps may temporarily get your account suspended. Be careful as you do this because you may still get suspended if you try to unfollow too many people at once. Instead, we recommend that you slowly unfollow people each day until your Following list looks the way you want it.
Unfollowing Instagram Users Who Don’t Follow You Back
Manually Unfollowing Instagram Users
Tutorials online about unfollowing Instagram users are primarily outdated or take an incredible amount of effort. Unfortunately, Meta does not make it easy, but we think we’ve found an easy solution that doesn’t require a special app or money. Here’s a free way to unfollow Instagram followers who aren’t following you back.
- Log into your Instagram Account.
- Visit Google Sheets in a new tab.
- If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one for free.
- Click the + button to create a new sheet.
- Title cell A1 as Followers and B1 as Following.
- Toggle back to Instagram and click Followers.
- Left-Click and drag your cursor down to select your Followers.
- Copy (CTRL+C or command+C) all of the followers on your list.
- Toggle back to your Google Sheet and paste (CTRL+V or command+V) into the Followers row.
- Don’t worry about the extra data; it will be irrelevant later.
- Repeat this process with people following you, but this time put them under the Following column.
- Now here’s the slightly tricky part. In cell C1, enter =filter(B:B,iserror(match(B:B,A:A,0)))
- This tells Sheets to remove all of the people that are following you back from the list, leaving only those that are not following you!
- Hit Enter. This will create a new column of people you are following but not following you back.
Opening Multiple Tabs to Mass Unfollow
Now that you have a clean list of those offenders who aren’t following you back on Instagram, you can manually go through them and unfollow them. However, clicking each link manually might become a bit tedious. Luckily, we have a solution for that as well. Read on to learn more.
- Click and drag from cell C1, down to cell C20.
- Make sure to keep your spot to know where you left off.
- We don’t recommend overburdening your computer by opening up so many tabs at once, so we don’t think you should select the entire C row.
- Right-click anywhere on the selected tabs.
- Scroll down to View more cell actions.
- Click Open Links.
- Navigate to the first tab and click the Unfollow button.
- Continue to do this with all the tabs open.
- Close the tabs.
- Repeat this process until you get all the unfollowers off your follower’s list.
We know this solution still feels tedious and is not automated. Still, it is the best solution to unfollow Instagram users that don’t follow you back, that currently exists without using a 3rd party app and giving them access to your Instagram account/risking your account getting suspended.
For more Instagram guides, visit our Instagram Section.