How to Do a Boomerang on Snapchat
Looking to add some fun to your Snapchat stories? Learn how to do a boomerang on Snapchat with this quick and easy guide!
A boomerang is a video effect that’s especially popular on social media apps like TikTok, Snapchat, and Instagram. It was popularized by Instagram when it was added as an effect in the app to let you turn everyday videos into fun clips. By default, Snapchat does not include a native way to add a boomerang effect to a video. However, using some in-app features, you can mimic the effect to make a boomerang on Snapchat.
How to Do a Boomerang on Snapchat
There are a few ways to make a bounce or boomerang effect on Snapchat:
- Use Snapchat’s user-created lenses.
- Make a video using Instagram’s boomerang effect and upload it to Snapchat.
- Use Snapchat’s Loop feature in the video editor.
Using Snapchat Lenses to do a Boomerang
One way to do a boomerang video on Snapchat is by using Lenses. Tap on the search bar inside Snapchat and search for Boomerang. Select the Lens created by Denis Rossiev. With the Boomerang Lens active, tap and hold on the screen and make a short video.
Use Instagram’s Boomerang Effect and Upload it to Snapchat
The second way to do a boomerang effect is by using Instagram’s filter. To do this:
- Launch Instagram and start creating a new Story.
- Select Camera and Boomerang (infinity symbol) on the left side of the screen.
- Record the short video, and then tap the three dots on the top-right of the screen.
- Tap on Save to save the video to your phone.
- Open Snapchat and search for the Upload Video Lens by Snapchat.
- Allow the lens to access your Photos.
- Select the Instagram Boomerang video you just made.
- Resize the video upload to fit your entire screen.
- Post the Snap.
Use Snapchat’s Loop Feature to Make a Boomerang
Another way to create a boomerang in Snapchat is by using the loop feature. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch Snapchat.
- Record a short one to three-second video.
- On the video editing screen, tap on the loop icon on the right side of the screen.
- Tap the icon again to set it to loop.
- Swipe right to left until you get to the Reverse effect.
Those are the three easiest ways to do a boomerang in Snapchat. In our opinion, the easiest way to do it is by using the Snapchat Boomerang Lens since it requires the least amount of time. The lens is also well-designed, so the resulting videos are eye-catching.
To get the Boomerang filter on Snapchat, simply open the app and swipe right to access the filters. Then, scroll through the options until you find the Boomerang filter. Once you’ve found it, tap on it to apply it to your photo or video.
To loop on Snapchat, tap on the infinity symbol on the right side of the screen on the video editing page. Tap loop and swipe left or right for additional options and effects.
To Boomerang a video that already exists, you first need to download the video to your device. Once the video is on your device, open the Boomerang app and select the video from your device’s library. Then, select the portion of the video you want to turn into a Boomerang, and tap the “Boomerang” button.
To make a Snapchat video bounce, you must first create a video. Once you have completed your video, open the editing tool and select the ‘bounce’ option. This will make your video appear to bounce up and down.
There could be a few reasons why your Snapchat doesn’t have bounce. One reason could be that your phone is not compatible with the Snapchat app. Another reason could be that you have an older version of the app installed on your phone. Snapchat may have updated their app to include the bounce feature, but your older version of the app may not have this feature. If this is the case, you’ll need to update your app to the latest version in order to enjoy the bounce feature.
For more tech guides, see our Tech Section.